I’m sure we all dream of Embodies or Aeron chairs, but unfortunately, not everyone can afford them.
Just going on the Herman Miller or Humanscale websites can give some people quasi heart attacks.
Luckily, I’m here to tell you that you don’t need to compromise quality if you have a minimal budget. I’ve been in that boat.
But I knew that my health is extremely important, so I found functional chairs that helped me maintain a correct posture.
Now, I want to help others, so here’s all my research below. The models I’ll discuss are tried and tested by myself, family, friends, and clients.
We’ve all contributed to making sure people who can’t afford high-end models will still get the best for their health.
You can see that I’ve discussed the chairs in terms of their pros, cons, and best use. So always focus on your needs because there isn’t such a thing as a perfect chair, just a perfect chair for you.
Our List of 9 Best Office Chairs Under 100$:
I’ve tried and tested most of the models below. I even helped my family and friends choose some of the items here.
But, as you’ll see for yourself, all the models serve a different purpose.
Remember to judge their features in terms of your needs. I’ll be your guide.
1. Furmax Mid Back Lumbar Office Chair For Back Pain – Best Budget Model
My nephew bought the Furmax Mid Back Office Chair because he wanted an affordable model that’s comfortable for studying and playing the guitar.
He is also impressed by the good lumbar support, thanks to which he can sit down for hours.
Here’s why he chose this model:
- It’s safe and reliable. You know this because it comes with a BIFMA certification that ascertains its functionality and durability.
- It has good warranties, like the 30-day money-back guarantee and a 6-month warranty for broken parts.
- It has good back support thanks to the curved backrest and two-part lumbar support that takes the pressure off your back. This tri-panel mesh backrest works like the Humanscale Diffrient World’s but at a more affordable price.
- It can fit big and tall users. The Furmax Mid-Back office chair has a wide seat, tall backrest and can support people up to 265 pounds.
- The seat lifts when you recline the backrest. That means you will maintain a correct posture, with your hips and spine in good alignment, regardless of your position.
Summary: The Furmax Mid-Back Office Chair is the best budget model because you can use it for multiple activities. Its reliable lumbar support can prevent and alleviate back pain.
2. Jumei Mesh Office Chair
The Jumei High-Back Office Chair is a good choice if you want an adjustable chair. I helped a friend who’s the owner of a young startup to buy these chairs for his office. Now, his employees are more productive and happier.
That’s because of the Jumei Chair:
- It allows you to sit down for hours. The curved backrest keeps your spine in a neutral position, while the mesh material is breathable. That way, you won’t feel the need to sit up and release tense muscles.
- Prevents backaches. The lumbar stripe feels nice on your waist and can take the pressure off your lower back. However, it’s not as proficient as those of more expensive chairs.
- Prevents neck and shoulder stiffness. The padded headrest is wide and comfy, so it offers good neck support. That way, you can avoid lifting your shoulders and straining your upper back.
- Has foldable armrests. Although high-end chairs come with 4D armrests, foldable ones have their advantages. For instance, they allow you to push the chair under your desk, play the guitar, paint, or move around easily.
- It’s sturdy. The chair accommodates people up to 300 pounds, although the thin seat padding can be too firm for heavier dudes and dudettes.
Summary: The Jumei Mesh Office Chair offers reliable head and neck support, while its curved backrest promotes a correct posture and alleviates backaches.
3. Flash Furniture High Back Office Chair
If you want an office chair in the under $100 category with all the features and adjustments of a chair in the $500 category, you’re looking at the Flash Furniture High Back Office chair.
- It’s ergonomic. Just look at its skeletal, mesh chair back design with the incorporated ribs that support your lumbar area, the curved padded armrests, and the adjustable headrest.
- It prevents and alleviates neck pain. The headrest is easily adjustable on the vertical axis so that you can find the perfect spot for top support. That way, your neck and shoulder muscles won’t cramp when you’re sitting for hours.
- It prevents shoulder stiffness and alleviates carpal tunnel syndrome. The curved armrests and their generous padding improve your blood circulation. Combine that with their top support, and you understand why the armrests are good at preventing pains of all kinds.
- It improves blood circulation to your legs. You can thank the rounded seat with its comfy padding and waterfall edge for that.
Summary: Flash Furniture High Back Office Chair sports various ergonomic features and adjustments that resemble a more expensive chair. This model is best for people with chronic neck pain.
4. AmazonBasics Mid-Back Office Chair
A couple of years ago, I moved to another apartment with zero furniture. I wanted to save up to invest in some posh pieces, so, until then, I bought a few Amazon Basics chairs.
Although I have my dream furniture now, we still remember how comfortable these chairs were.
The reason is that AmazonBasics Mid-Back Office Chairs:
- Looks great. The bonded leather chair upholstery might not be as durable as real leather, but it’s soft, supple, and stylish-looking.
- Has comfortable padding. The result is that you can sit down for hours, do your work, and be more productive.
- You can maintain a correct posture. The chair is very supportive, from the slightly reclined backrest with a racecar design, to the padded non-adjsutable armrests and bucket seat with a waterfall edge.
- It takes the pressure off your back. This model allows you to rock and recline when you push back, so the chair absorbs more of your weight instead of having it push into your spine.
Summary: The Amazon Basics Mid-Back Office Chair is a stylish, executive office chair thanks to its bonded leather upholstery and generous padding.
5. AmazonBasics High-Back Leather Executive Chair
The Amazon Basics High-Back Leather Executive Chair is Amazon’s bestseller. I advised one of my friends to get it when he told me he was looking for a budget model to share with his wife.
He plays computer games for a couple of hours in the afternoon, and she writes for a few hours in the mornings.
I recommended this chair because:
- It’s supportive and comfortable for various tasks. The padding is cushiony and firm at the same time, while the backrest has a racecar design, with an enveloping, reclined backrest.
- You can sit own for hours. The backrest takes the pressure off your spine, keeping it in a neutral position, while the bucket seat takes the pressure off your hamstrings. This design improves your overall circulation and prevents stiffness and pain.
- The armrests are supportive. It’s important to have good armrest support when you’re at the computer or otherwise your shoulders will lift to your ears. Besides, you need armrest padding to make sure your blood circulation isn’t messed with.
Summary: This stylish Executive chair by Amazon Basics is completely dressed in leather, it’s comfortable and backed by a 1-year warranty.
6. BestOffice High Back Gaming Chair – For Lower Back Pain
I helped one of the moms I’m friends with to buy the BestOffice High-Back Gaming Chairs for her son’s birthday.
He uses this chair for gaming and studying, and he’s very happy about it because:
- It looks stylish. The PU leather and contrasting colors make it look like an executive chair in the office of a corporate CEO. You can choose a brown, black, or white upholstery to fit your office décor.
- It’s resistant to water and oil stains. If you’re eating or drinking around your computer, you need that.
- It can fit big and tall people because the wide seat can go up to 23 inches, and the chair supports people up to 250 pounds.
- You get good back support. The backrest is made from three connected parts with generous padding that support your neck and upper body, mid-back, and lower back.
- The seat is ergonomic. The wide, bucket seat with a waterfall edge promotes good circulation and aligns your hips to your spine, keeping them slightly open. This ergonomic position comes with the disadvantage of firm padding, though.
Summary: The BestOffice High Back Gaming Chairs are comfortably padded and sturdy. It’s one of the few office chairs you can get on white.
7. Homall Carbon Fiber Gaming Chair
Although you can find it in the under $100 category, I’d say it’s rather a chair worth the $200 or the $300 category.
I recommended Homall to the mum I was helping buy the best gaming chairs for her son, and, although she was impressed, she didn’t like the flat, firm armrests because her son is bony enough. However, this model is good because:
- It has a racecar design. The ergonomic, enveloping backrest with removable head and lumbar pillows alleviate all pain and stiffness. This design promotes a positive posture and allows you to sit down comfortably for hours.
- It’s resistant. The carbon-fiber PU leather is very supportive and stylish, not to mention its durability. This is one of the few wear-proof chairs you can find in this price range.
- It’s sturdy. Budget office chairs usually come with plastic frame, base, and parts, but the Homall Gaming Chair has a steel frame. You can also rely on its certifications, considering this model comes with BIFMA< SGS, and UL endorsements.
- It allows you to recline to 170ᵒ. Thanks to its big recline, the Homall is the most comfortable chair for napping. This wide recline angle is also good for resting, reading, or taking the pressure off your spine.
Summary: Homall Carbon Fiber Gaming Chair is good for someone who’s heavier, in need of good back support, and who games for hours.
8. Devoko Racing Style Ergonomic Gaming Chair
The Devoko Racing Style Ergonomic Gaming Chair looks similar to Homall and has almost the same features.
From the carbon0fiber faux leather to the adjustable lumbar and headrest cushions, all the way down to the metal frame and 180ᵒ recline, you’d think the Devoko and the Homall are the same.
The Devoko is a versatile chair that you can use for various tasks and activities. You can work or game in it for hours, and it will still feel comfortable.
I’ve tried both these chairs, but I haven’t owned any. I’ve read a few forums and reviews, and I can say that more people are inclined to complain that the Homall is not durable and has firm padding.
But those are just subjective opinions, depending on varying standards. If you look for online info on Devoko, you won’t see as many international quality and safety certifications as you do for the Homall.
Summary: The Devoko Gaming Chair is a good choice for people who need good back and neck support during varied activities.
9. Furmax Executive Gaming Office Chair
I like Furmax because they have one of the best customer service lines in the industry, but this chair sports many other advantages such as:
- It looks stylish and modern so that it can fit in your office or home.
- It has good warranties. If you don’t like it, you can use the 30-day return guarantee to get your money back, and the six-month replacement policy if your parts break.
- It takes the pressure off your spine because it rocks to 120ᵒ, so you can unwind and alleviate pain. This rocking and reclining motion are especially beneficial for those with compressed discs. The downside is you can’t lock it in place.
- It prevents upper body stiffness and pain because the armrests are curved and leather padded for comfortable support. If you have an arm injury or chronic pain, you can rest assured these armrests will allow good blood circulation and won’t dig into your forearms.
- It has a wide, comfortable seat, thanks to which your hips will stay in comfortable alignment to your spine and slightly open to maintain a correct posture.
Summary: If you’re looking for a padded, ergonomic chair, the Furmax Executive Gaming Chair is well designed for gaming or office work.
10. Green Forest Ergonomic Office Chair
Let’s face it, an office chair is an essential component of any workplace, whether you’re a highly-paid executive, a junior employee, or an entrepreneur. However, no matter how good they are for you, they’re not particularly exciting or stylish. It’s therefore welcome news for the GreenForest Ergonomic Office Chair, the latest model to hit the market that’s designed specifically with the needs of your back and posture in mind.
The company has been around for nearly 20 years but, from what we’ve seen of it, it’s gearing up for a major revival in 2019 with its latest innovative products, including the GreenForest Ergonomic Office Chair. This best office chair has a number of ergonomic design features that are sure to improve the way you work. These include lumbar and upper body support, pivoting of the seat for better knee support, and a seat back that adjusts to suit your height and support needs.
It’s available in five different colors including red, blue, black, white, and orange. Our tester found that the chair is very comfortable, but this can be attributed to its extra padding on the seat and back. It’s also not the quietest desc chair on the market. GreenForest Ergonomic Office Chair – Design and features The GreenForest Ergonomic Office Chair features a highly-contoured seat and armrests that are well-cushioned. The entire design is ergonomic to relieve strain on your neck and back when you’re sat at your desk and reading emails or listening to voice mails.
The front of the armrest has an adjustable panel to suit your height and needs. This panel can be clicked up for added support at the base of the armrest, a nice touch that should help ease pressure on your shoulders and spine.
SUMMARY: All these chairs are functional and ergonomic, but each is specialized for a different purpose. The best overall choice is the Furmax Mid-Back Lumbar Office Chair because it’s extremely versatile and ideal for fighting back pain.
Chairs not included in this review:
- OFM Essentials High-Back chair
What to Look for in Cheap Gaming/Office Chairs
If you want cheap gaming or office chair, forget all the bells and whistles of the Aeron chair. Your best bet is to focus on your chair’s functionality and ergonomic design.
Below are some factors I always take into account before assessing a chair:
- Ergonomic design. Make sure the desk chair will help you keep your correct posture by keeping your body parts in a neutral position. Look for a curved backrest, armrests, and seat edge. Make sure the chair’s dimensions fit your body size.
- Optimal support. If you have chronic back or neck pain, make sure your chair can offer a lumbar and/or neck pillow.
- Material. The materials used should be as high-quality and resistant as possible. Faux leather is a good bet for the upholstery because it’s stylish, but the mesh is more flexible, breathable, and supportive. Likewise, metal frames and bases resist longer than plastic ones.
- Adjustment options. Affordable chairs have fewer available adjustments than expensive ones, so most will stick to seat height and foldable armrests. The point isn’t to get more adjustments, though, but the adjustments you need. Do you have compressed discs, want to nap, or read? Look for a chair that reclines to a wider angle. Do you have lower back or neck pain? Look for adjustable lumbar or neck cushions.
SUMMARY: Make sure the desk chair you choose accommodates your needs, from your body shape and size to your health issues, positions, and activities. I always advise my clients and friends to choose ergonomic furniture because now many brands manufacture quality, ergonomic products even for the low-budget category.
Where To Buy Best Ergonomic Office Chairs Under $100
Desk chairs under $100 are everywhere. The point is to get quality desk chairs under 100, so you’ve come to the right place.
Just click on the links above to get a functional, resistant model that fits into your budget.
If you’re still making up your mind, my advice is to go to a reliable source, like Amazon or these chairs’ official websites.
You will get fast shipping, plus good warranties and effective customer service with most of these chairs.
You can even get Ikea desk chairs for under $100, which is another honest retailer.
Buying a cheap model from an untrusting vendor is a gamble you’re likely to lose.
I’m not sure they’ll get you any warranty, plus you’ll be likely to get a faulty product.
SUMMARY: Click on the links above to get the best offer for ergonomic office chair. Stay away from shady vendors, and focus on trustworthy sources, like Amazon, Walmart, or the official websites for the products I’ve reviewed.
Although I have a few chairs by Herman Miller at home, in my office, and in my conference room, I have also sat on a few inexpensive chairs. I even bought some of them, so I know you don’t have to sacrifice quality for your budget.
The point is to focus on functional features and adjustments you actually need. Don’t overlook the importance of an ergonomic design, good support, and a chair that fits your shape.
Each of the chairs above has a different design and features, so they satisfy different needs. If you need lumbar support, focus on a mid-back chair or one with an adjustable lumbar seat cushion.
If you need neck support or want to alleviate tension headaches, go for a high-back office chair, especially one with an adjustable neck cushion.
Otherwise, the best overall chair in this review, with the top scores on all categories, is the Furmax Mid-Back Office Chair.
This BIFMA-certified chair is safe and reliable, it has good back support thanks to its curved backrest and two-part waist support, and it helps you keep a correct posture. This chair supports big and tall people, plus good warranties back it.
What are you waiting for? Get it now!